Re: apt uploaders -- was: Re: apt.conf question

* Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>, 2014-11-24, 19:15:
Everyone capable of answering (and more) will be behind deity@, while uploaders is a rather limited set of people with the rights to upload the package, which are not necessarily maintaining the package (anymore). Just as a random data point: The guy (me) who implemented the config option you mention later on is not an uploader …

Which perhaps it should be fixed.

And I do not mean removing the inactive uploaders/maintainers (although I certainly all for keeping these things tidy), but by you becoming a DM, if not a DD... :-)

FWIW, Uploaders is a misnomer. The field has nothing to do with upload privileges; it just lists co-maintainers. Your name can be in Uploaders even when you need a sponsor to make an actual upload.

But of course, nothing wrong with David becoming David becoming DD or DM. :-)

--
Jakub Wilk