apt debdelta integration

Hi all,
Does anybody know the work done on apt debdelta integration which was
a gsoc project couple of years ago.

https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2011/#DebDelta_APT_Native_Integration

For reasons not known the project was never completed, the last report
I could find of him was :-

https://lists.debian.org/deity/2011/08/msg00098.html

Now while I'm just a user the upside I see is huge for this if
debdelta is integrated into aptitude. The simplest would be that for
users like me who have to run two commands wouldn't need to run two
commands .

$sudo debdelta-upgrade $PACKAGENAME - the packages which are being upgraded.

For people new to the concept of debdelta see :-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SmallerUpdates and then

http://mennucc1.debian.net/debdelta/ which has details of the implementation.

The upsides esp. in bandwidth for distributions would be huge as the
actual bandwidth required for updates would go down so more people who
are on mobile net connections or something would be able to do the
updates without it costing much to them.

For distributions it would be a big win as they save bandwidth as well
as processing and memory which could be reused somewhere else or can
make do with less.

While I have a dream that somebody it becomes a reality if somebody is
willing to mentor it then at the very least I could put it up as one
more probable GSOC project and see if somebody wants to take a shot at
it

If I understand things, the person would have to see the work done by
Ishan, then perhaps merge his work in the latest libapt so that all
package managers benefit from the work done.

I'm not subscribed to the list so please CC me if anybody wants to
comment on this one way or the other. I am hesitant to put it up on
the list unless somebody is willing to fill in the co-mentor chair if
not the mentor chair.

Till l8er.
--
          Regards,