Re: About installing packages

Quoting Rupesh Reddy (rupeshforu3.linux@gmail.com):
> Sir I have been user of debian since debian 4.0 (etch) and also worked with
> various linux and unix distros. I have bad experience while operating
> debian. Installing software on debian based systems is very difficult
> compared to rpm based distros like opensuse, fedora etc.,..
>
> I am greedy towards installing packages on debian I mean I want to install
> maximum number of packages available in local repositories without
> inconsistency.
>
> I am requesting debian devolopers and contributors to study the opensuse
> software manager and how it installs software and resolve dependencies and
> build similar.
>
> Regards,
> Rupesh.

This is a joke, right? It's not April 1st, still.

Honestly, working daily with an RPM-based distros....and being a Debian
developer for more than 10 years, I have to mention that dependency
handling by apt and apt-based software is about one million light-year
in advance over rpm-based stuff.

Just try once to handle a package renaming transition with RPM
packages and provide users with smooth upgrades. Try this. Once.

Then come back, please.

And, by the way the deity mailing list is not the place to have such
discussion.