[l10n] What branch should I work on wrt APT for Debian squeeze

I'm slightly lost with APT development, branches, etc.

As you guys know, my work on APT is focused on l10n. Up to now, during
the last two years or so, I worked in the debian-sid branch of
bzr+ssh://bzr.debian.org/bzr/apt/debian-sid/

Before I invest a couple of hours going through all pending l10n stuff
for apt, I'd like to be sure if that branch is the one that will get
into squeeze. I somehow doubt it when I see:

apt (0.8.0~pre1) UNRELASED; urgency=low

  [ Michael Vogt ]
  * merge of the debian-expermental-ma branch
  * refresh po/pot files in doc/ and po/

I guess this is more meant for squeeze +1...

So, could a branch be forked for stuff meant for squeeze? I can even
take care of uploads if needed, but I think it's time to resync
things now...