Re: [l10n] What branch should I work on wrt APT for Debian squeeze

2010/8/14 Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org>:
> apt (0.8.0~pre1) UNRELASED; urgency=low
>
>  [ Michael Vogt ]
>  * merge of the debian-expermental-ma branch
>  * refresh po/pot files in doc/ and po/

That version is really meant to be the one for squeeze.
The transition request started as 0.7.26 in early April
(some mail to d-release in march if i remember correctly)
is since the end of April official documented as #579795 and
the release team publishes in every bits that they want to
allow transit of apt to unstable soon… last time [0]
(but i guess at least not the next two weeks as Michael is
more or less on holiday now)

debian-expermental-ma is btw the branch all the 0.7.26~exp
releases were built from, so it is not so new as the changelog
might suggests…
(and the MultiArch stuff is disabled per default at runtime…)

Michael just has reversioned 0.7.26 as 0.8.0 as we ran out
of numbers for experimental releases. ;)
More serious, it feels a bit strange now to mark multiple
months of development as a minor release.
(Less serious again, looking at the recent developments,
Michael should have released it as version 3.0~pre1…)

> Before I invest a couple of hours going through all pending l10n stuff
> for apt, I'd like to be sure if that branch is the one that will get
> into squeeze.

If you still want to do it: Big thanks already now. :)

Sending requests of all sorts are on my todolist unfortunately since
nearly forever as every time i want to do it another "small" bug eats
a week of time instead… so if you could do it that would be one worry less.

Best regards,

David Kalnischkies

[0] http://lists.debian.org/deity/2010/08/msg00020.html