Re: RFC interaction with external dependency solver: Debian-CUDF

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I fully agree, but I don't want to make things harder for Cupt, for the
> simple reason that "competition" at this point is badly needed in the
> package manager front, and Cupt seems to be a fairly widespread
> competitor at the moment.
>
> So, what I propose is to have the diff format by default and add a
> format-request property (not needed by default) that will be used to
> request a full state output. By the way, the initial request will need
> to be changed slightly anyhow as I believe we should at least put there
> a format version string.
While I still disagree with the most arguments for the "diff" format, I should
state that maybe I'd be better for me to write several dozes of code lines
than having two different DUDF output formats, especially when the one
preferred by me is non-default, so it will be a nice candidate for ignorance
or implementing in the last place.

You also just "leaked" the info that some external resolvers are available.
What is internal output format for them?

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer