Re: ABI break?

Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 05:56:09PM -0700, Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> was heard to say:
>>   On the other hand, I wonder whether the include file locations are
>> all that important.  (but I haven't seen yet what Eugene did)
>
>   I've taken a look at it.  I don't really see the benefit.  I guess the
> idea is to make the include structure reflect the source tree, but why
> is that important enough to break everything that #includes apt?

Just for the record, that time I did it mainly for removing parts of a
mess from makefiles and debugging purposes. If the next APT minor
release wouldn't break anything but ABI, it really doesn't worth the
trouble, and the same applies for some other patches that came to
0.7.21~exp2.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Maintainer