Re: ABI break?

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 07:19:07AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>>   Ah, never mind, I just noticed that the apt in experimental already
>> has an ABI break.  If I can find the tree that's built from, I'll push
>> my changes into it.
>
> I'm late, sorry for that :/ But here is the tree location:
> bzr get http://bzr.debian.org/apt/apt/debian-experimental/
>
> (or checkout, depending on your taste).
>
> The web UI is at:
> http://bzr.debian.org/loggerhead/apt/apt/
>
> If you have any difficulties with bzr, just mail me and I will try to
> help. One thing I'm unsure about is if we really want to change the
> location of the include files, Eugene moved them around, but I'm no
> longer sure if that is worth the cost of updating all the apps that
> use them. Comments welcome.

I belive that we should start to improve APT even if it involves
some cost for updating the apps that use the API/ABI.

If we keep avoiding to break things we'll never really fix APT major
issues.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br