Re: proposal for apt-get

also sprach Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [2006.06.23.1502 +0200]:
> Maybe all you need is to look at debtags?

debtags adds a couple of seconds to each APT operation; it hardly
makes things faster.

It does make it easier to find what you're looking for, but the
problem it's trying to solve is hardly the slow speed of `apt-cache search`,
which so far has never bothered me.

`. `'`

half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be.
but half the bee has got to be, vis-a-vis its entity. you see?
but can a bee be said to be or not to be an entire bee,
when half the bee is not a bee, due to some ancient injury?
                                                       -- monty python