Re: apt https method v2

Surely <[🔎] Pine.LNX.4.32.0204061008040.308-100000@localhost>  ?

> > unclearly defined purposes, etc, etc - BUT taken together I belive it
> > represents the lowest LOC and has a good level of understandability.

> Well:
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 tpo      tpo         11045 Apr  3 12:45 apt_0.5.4-0.1.diff.gz
> -rw-r--r--    1 tpo      tpo         15455 Apr  9 00:19 apt_0.5.4-0.2.diff.gz

Yes - but, .1 has all those #ifdefs which are a bad way to save LOC..

> I got an idea how to implement the select mess and it would be nice to do
> it in an efficient way. We'll see.

Well, be careful, the select bit is not that long and it is the core of
the data transfer. Things like the relative order of the FD checks are
actually important and should be kept clear.