gnome-apt

Hi

Sorry for the bother.

As closely as possible I followed the instructions at
http://www.debian.org/~hp/gnome-apt.html

I added
deb http://www.debian.org/~mblevin/gnome-apt ./
to my apt/sources file, updated, downloaded and installed.

gnome-apt will start and I can view the installed files, but I can't
update:

Update failed.
The following errors may help:
The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/ftp could not be found.

I saw one other person with this note on the linux.debian.user group,
but saw no response.

I also tried compiling the source from scratch, but that too failed to
produce the ftp object.  In fact I manually descended to the ftp
directory and ran make, but encountered

bash-2.01$ make
Compiling parsescript.cc to ../../obj/methods/ftp/parsescript.o
parsescript.cc:16: strutl.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [../../obj/methods/ftp/parsescript.o] Error 1

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Tom

--
Thomas R. Shemanske
(Mailing Address)                  (Office/Internet Information)

Directions:  http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~trs/choatehouse.html

Winter Term Office Hours: MWF 3-4:30 pm, Tu 10-11:15 am