SUggestions for Gnome-Apt (and for Apt-get itself!)

Hi there,

    First of all, I found apt-get and gnome-apt a GREAT advance over
dselect and such...

    On the other hand, there were a small number of features that I
missed there, for some reason...

1) apt should be able to make the distinction between a connection that
was lost due to the ¨famous¨ Internet Delays (or due to server traffic)
and a package that wasn't found... In the first case, it should try to
resume connection and finish the download (like wget does), and in the
2nd it should report the problem.

2) Gnome-apt should allow the user to interrupt a download (it may be
necessary/useful for him to do so)... when we press the ¨Cancel¨ button
that should do it, all we have is a smiling face... ;-)

3) Gnome-apt should have an option to ¨save present session¨ or someting
like it... In a slow connection like mine, it takes a VERY long time to
do, for instance, the full upgrade of the XF86 parts (I've just done it!
;-)... It took me a long time to select which packages I had to upgrade,
and after I started the whole proccess I couldn't abort it in any way,
or I'd lose my selections...

4) Also, Gnome-apt should have the option of
downloading-but-not-installing a bunch of packages... just like apt-get
does!

    Ciao, and I hope my ideas didn't sound too stupid... ;-p ...and that
they won't be hard to apply! ;-)

Guilherme Zahn