Re: Apt UI design

So I hacked on this some tonight and it is pretty fun stuff. I have the
build in place; I copied the Gnome build rather than the Apt build, in
order to use all the Gnome .m4 stuff (but mostly because I understand how
it works). Then I have about 200 lines of code which does something fairly
unimpressive.

I had a look at the stuff in Apt CVS and it looks like very nice code and
quite straightforward. I built it with no problem. Looks like everything I
need is already in libapt-pkg, no? Is there any code lying around
elsewhere which might be useful?

I'm thinking I will check this in to Gnome CVS, unless you really want to
integrate it into the Apt source tree (it would probably make a big old
mess, due to all the Gnome dependencies).

It would be neat to have a little beta ready by the next freeze, that
should be easily possible.

Havoc