Re: Wow.. it almost works

    Ben> I think that for 0.3, I should at least set up the stubs for
    Ben> a libapt-pkg and libapt-pkg-dev package in debian/rules, and
    Ben> only actually use them when the package gets moved out of
    Ben> experimental.

    Jason> I fear that even in stable we will have version problems -
    Jason> it is the same issue every libray faces.. If fixing a bug
    Jason> means adding a new variable to a structure then you have to
    Jason> bump the soname because they are no longer binary
    Jason> compatible.

Are you sure? Should a library really depend on structures and not
functions/methods -- ESPECIALLY a C++ library? Why are we using
a library if this is changing so often, then?

--
Brought to you by the letters R and E and the number 7.
"I'm calling from the plane. I'll call you when I get there." -- TMBG