multiple machines sharing apt spool?

I currently have 3, sometimes as many as 5, debian x86 machines on my
home net, behind a 28.8 connection.  Currently, I run a mirror of
sources/ and binary-i386/, and sync manually off of that.  I'm
starting to use apt, and so far it mostly works to point sources.list
at the local mirror alone, or the local mirror plus some outside
sites.

Ideally, however, I'd like instead to just use apt directly, and to
cache things that get pulled in, so that if I upgrade one machine, the
others would get the packages that it pulled in before getting there
own... is there a plan to support this?  Does running a local SQUID
cache, and pointing apt through that, work at all?

Curious...				_Mark_