Re: ftp method

Hi,
>>"Jason" == Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:

Jason> It prints 'I Connecting to llug' twice, if it doesn't actually
Jason> reconnect it shouldn't print this, and if it does actually
Jason> reconnect then it shouldn't :> Similarly it should not reset
Jason> the type to binary if it isn't reconnecting.

	It does, at the moment, reconnect. I treats each pair as a
 separate entity -- it does no optimization at all. How exactly is the
 method going to be called? I found no documentation about this. I did
 not know whether it would be called with multiple sets at all (in
 which case it would make sense to optimize it a bit. But then should
 not the ftp method also open multiple connections?

	If the ftp method is going to be called with multiple pairs,
 are they going to be sorted?

Jason> Notice it tried to resume. This is wrong, it must not resume if
Jason> the date is not exactly equal to the remote side.

	Fixed. This was a thinko, I set up a restart flag, and forgot
 to test for it.

Jason> Another observation is that it does not seem to print that it
Jason> is requesting the modification time, that is variable time and
Jason> should be printed out. Also after connecting it should probably
Jason> print 'I Authenticating'

	I had both, I took them out as they take very short
 times. They are back in again.

Jason> Also for interests sake, do you compute the MD5 as the file
Jason> downloads or after it is done? (I'm guessing after the fact
Jason> from my tests) If so you should print out 'I Computing MD5'. I
Jason> will change things so that when things reach 100% the display
Jason> shortens a bit.

	After. I could not figure out a sane way of having two threads
 going off at the same time, one getting a file, and another reading
 it on the fly, and having the reader figure out that the writer was
 really done, rather than just stuck.

Jason> Remeber, it must -never- resume a file that is in ../ , it
Jason> doesn't actually resume, but it seems to claim to. Files in ../
Jason> are provided only for date comparision to see if it should be
Jason> fetched at all.

	This was not clear. So what does one do? test a file in the
 ../ dir, and what happens if the size does not match? I reget the
 whole thing?

	manoj
--
 The Odd Couple "A penny for your thoughts?" "A dollar for your
 death."