Re: Autoinstall, upgrade, etc

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>         If the user has explicitly decided to keep a version, nothing
>  automatic should override it. If you upgrade sudo on me now, it would
>  break my set up [cron jobs and such], since new versions of sudo are
>  broken, but Deity won't know that.

It might.  If we build AI into it and link it to libmindreading, and....
and...

Oh all right.  It won't know that.  8)

>         I know there are warnings and such, but I'd prefer the default
>  to be the toher way around. Make me (putting on my user hat) feel
>  fuzzy warm in-control of my destiny. Make s me feel *respected*. ;-)
You're a user!  Of course you're not in control of your destiny!
HAhahahAHHAHAha....ha...

Oh all right.  You've convinced me.  "Kept" packages should not be
auto-upgraded under any circumstances.

Thanks, 8)

Behan

--