Re: Autoinstall, upgrade, etc

On 2 Dec 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Since we are keeping track of how a package is selected for
>  installation (user action, or auto selected 'cause of dependencies);
>  could we have notices (or red exclamation marks or whatever) show up
>  if a package is being auto selected/removed in direct contravention
>  of user action?

I don't think this can actually happen ?

> 	For example, I have sudo put on hold (since the new versions
>  of sudo fail to parse the config file); I would hate to have the

We don't have a hold state only a keep state. Once a package is flagged
'keep' then that's it, there is no changing that [by deity, of course you
can]. But you may only flag a package 'keep' if the package is installed
and upgradeable. (see emails a week back on this)

Behan: How do you want selecting an uninstallable package for installation
handled and other issues with impossible installation situations that
cannot be resolved automatically?

> 	I'd expand on this, but I'm in the middle of cooking; and
>  something will burn soon

Hope your food is better than what I just ate :| Ik, Rez food is evil!