pkg-order: Issues with conflicts

Hi,

        Hmm. I don't think pkg-order takes care of replaces (or any
 kinds of deinstalls, for that matter) directly. I guess for each
 package to be upgraded, and for all packages removed because of a
 conflict & replace, all the installed packages should be marked in
 some way so that they do not take part in dependency checking, or in
 conflicts.

        So, the idea is to present the list to the user, and if they
 cause installed packages to be marked for deletion, call
 $installed->mark("Package" => libreadline2, "Mark" => "delete");
 (Note that this is not yet implemented).

        After one or more calls to mark, the pkg-ordering routine
 should be run again to reflect the new status.

        How does this sound?

        manoj

--
 The good renounce everything. The pure don't babble about sensual
 desires. Whether touched by pleasure or pain, the wise show no change