Re: pkg-order: Issues with conflicts

Hi,

Jason> On 16 Oct 1997 srivasta@datasync.com wrote:

>>  As already said above, pkg-order reports a conflict with the
>> installed version, though this is to be upgraded.
>>
>> 2) At the point where netstd appears, linreadline2 is known to be
>> installed, but still a unsatisfied dependency is reported.

Jason> These are just algorithm bugs in your pkg-order and not some
Jason> intrinsic problem, right?

	Algorithmic bug is a trifle harsh. The package was initially
 designed to be a static dependency checker and package orderer. These
 are oversights in my attempt to mould it to be fit for interactive
 package installation.

	Chalk this up to experience in adding the interactivity.

	Incidentally, the intrinsic method is essentially a depth
 first traversal.

	BTW, I am mothballing my computer for my move tomorrow, so
 there is likely to be a hiatus in my net access.

	manoj
--
 When a man has faith, is endowed with virtue, and possessed of fame
 and wealth, wherever he lives he will be honoured. 303