[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#736964: [lightdm] Password is shown in clear text while typing
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#736964: [lightdm] Password is shown in clear text while typing
- From: linux at slavino.sk (Slavko)
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:46:48 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20140218133117.GB6868@scapa.corsac.net>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140128204910.GC5514@scapa.corsac.net> <email@example.com> <20140129103008.GB14037@scapa.corsac.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140129161701.GE14037@scapa.corsac.net> <email@example.com> <20140129170304.GF14037@scapa.corsac.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 20140218133117.GB6868@scapa.corsac.net>
D?a Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:31:18 +0100 Yves-Alexis Perez
<corsac at debian.org> nap?sal:
> > > Well, as I said on my initial reply, autologin_timeout = 5 worked
> > > for me, apparently.
> > I tried the 5 s timeout too, but without success - i wait about 30
> > sec and login doesn't happen.
> > But, as i wrote in previous post, it doesn't matter, if the
> > autologin timeout works or not - the password must be not a
> > readable for people around while typing it.
> So, any news on this? Also, can you confirm the greeter you're
> actually using?
Yes, i identified the source of the problems. I don't mean the source
code (it is out of my knowledge), but configuration only.
Today i tried new jessie installation in the VirtualBox, because i want
to test another DM. The LightDM is installed by default (for default
XFCE), then i decided try to reproduce this problem, before i replace it.
I start with clean system - all in default state. First i set the
autologin user with 10 sec timeout and i see, that all works as expected
- in mean, the autologin is working. Then i try to fill password before
timeout happen and password is hidden!
Then i take look into my real config and i set the hide users to false:
And problems are here! The autologin stop to works and password is not
hidden. Then it seems, that all is related to the showing user names in
greater. BTW i am using the default greeter, with default settings -
the display manager is not my goal ;-)
I CC this to the autologin bug (mentioned early) too, because the both
problems seems to be related to displaying the users list.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: not available