[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#736964: [lightdm] Password is shown in clear text while typing
- Subject: [Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#736964: [lightdm] Password is shown in clear text while typing
- From: corsac at debian.org (Yves-Alexis Perez)
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:31:18 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20140218133117.GB6868@scapa.corsac.net>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20140128204910.GC5514@scapa.corsac.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140129103008.GB14037@scapa.corsac.net> <email@example.com> <20140129161701.GE14037@scapa.corsac.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20140129170304.GF14037@scapa.corsac.net> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 08:35:59PM +0100, Slavko wrote:
> D?a Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:03:05 +0100 Yves-Alexis Perez
> <corsac at debian.org> nap?sal:
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 05:52:53PM +0100, Slavko wrote:
> > > But the autologin with timeout > 0 is not working (see still open
> > > bug http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=702936 ), then
> > > i need type the password. And there is a place, where the password
> > > is displayed while typing.
> > Well, as I said on my initial reply, autologin_timeout = 5 worked for
> > me, apparently.
> I tried the 5 s timeout too, but without success - i wait about 30 sec
> and login doesn't happen.
> But, as i wrote in previous post, it doesn't matter, if the autologin
> timeout works or not - the password must be not a readable for people
> around while typing it.
So, any news on this? Also, can you confirm the greeter you're actually
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 490 bytes
Desc: Digital signature