Re: Packaging updates in GIT

On 2013-04-27 02:21 +0200, xmixahlx wrote:

> I was playing with your X packages from the git repo and thought I'd let
> you know of some slight broken packages.

Thanks for trying our dogfood, much appreciated.

> * Mesa has a bad link of libGL.so to libGL.so.1.6.0 (instead of
> libGL.so.1.2.0).

Indeed. :-(  Right now I don't see what caused this, will need to dig
into it.

> * Both xorg-fbdev & xorg-vesa require a simple patch to remove mibstore.h
> for xorg 1.14.x. (I used the patches from Gentoo unchanged, added them to
> the debian/patches folder, and added to the patch series.)

We can just cherry-pick the upstream commits instead.

> * libglu requires a fix in debian/rules to properly generate the
> package.install files (For my own uses, I simply added an asterisk after
> "DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH," but this is likely incorrect for packaging)

Building libglu works fine for me, could you please elaborate?

> After these fixes, the xserver-xorg-{video,input} plugins used must be
> rebuild against an installed  xserver-xorg 1.14. Also installed from git:
> libdrm, libxi, wayland, pixman, x11proto-input, etc.
>
> With these few changes I'm able to run Mesa 9.1, xorg 1.14 and xorg-intel
> 2.21.6

Nice to hear.

> Thanks for your development!

You're welcome, thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers,
       Sven