Bug#441902: xserver-xorg-video-ati: 6.7.192-1~7.2 crashes xserver with xv video playback on compiz
- To: Alec Robertson <alecr@MIT.EDU>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#441902: xserver-xorg-video-ati: 6.7.192-1~7.2 crashes xserver with xv video playback on compiz
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:43:50 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20070917143026.GA26468@localdomain>
- References: <email@example.com> <46E6F9A8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070916163356.GA3109@localdomain> <email@example.com> <20070917135029.GA23627@localdomain> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070917143026.GA26468@localdomain>
On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 10:30 -0400, Alec Robertson wrote:
> > That wasn't tearing but just a page flipping related bug I fixed for
> > 6.7.19x.
> I have re-enabled page flipping and it seems to be better. There is
> still a distortion of my screen when swithcing to/from the virtual
> consoles, but this generally goes away after a couple of seconds. If
> not, a restart of compiz will refresh the screen.
What if you just cause compiz to redraw the whole screen, e.g. by
rotating the cube?
> I can file a separate report regarding this (it has been around for a long time.)
It's certainly not the same bug as this one.
> >> As of X.org 7.3, compiz should be faster with EXA than with XAA with
> >> the r300 Mesa driver.
> Xorg no longer crashes when entering or leaving X, however the EXA
> performance is still much poorer than XAA. To be sure, it's better than
> it was but there is still a great deal of stuttering when switching cube
> faces and even xterm windows do not draw cleanly, resulting in
> strange refresh effects. Note that I tried this with the ati driver in
> unstable and then in experimental, without much difference between the
> Also, I still get these, should I report this as a separate bug?
> (WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer