Re: xserver-xorg (1:7.2.ds3-1) to 1:7.3~rc1 fails with orig. NVIDIA 9639 driver.

Michel,

not sure what your intention is. Mine never was or is to blame anybody.

What I do is asking to think about a small step that is used by a rather high number of developers. It will not do any harm to whatever.

Fact is on the other hand: My system runs since 7 years and it runs more or less comfortably with nvidia drivers. GLX was created by Silicon Graphics. GLX, with both DRI and Mesa, is included in the X.Org Foundation's version of the X Window System since X11R6.7.0, that means actually April 6, 2004.

And: You are perfectly right. Debian driver packages exist and they worked comfortably even to me until this spring. I did not find a way to make them work again. Installing the NVIDIA stuff as delivered by NVIDIA was the easiest way to me to solve this.

Cheers

Norbert