Re: X.org plans for the lenny cycle

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:25:31AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> These are a real thorn in our sides. Another issue is the nvidia code
> obfuscation bug, which we can fix when we get nouveau in to the archive.
> I'd love to have a dedicated maintainer for nouveau[0], but right now it's
> looking like I need to buy myself an nvidia card. Either way, that
> etch-ignore bug will be fixable for lenny thanks to the upstream work.
>
>  - David Nusinow
>
> [0] Anyone who's interested, *please* write us at debian-x. We'd love to
> help you get going on this.

I may be able to help here.  At work, we've got ~300 Debian
workstations, almost all of which use either ATI or nvidia graphics
hardware, so I've got extensive hardware resources at my disposal.

I'm not currently up to speed the state of neuveau development, so I
can't jump right in and get to work, but I should be able to get
involved reasonably quickly.

Have there been any attempts thus far at packaging neuveau?  Where are
they?

noah