Re: X.org plans for the lenny cycle

El Sábado, 14 de Abril de 2007, Noah Meyerhans escribió:
> On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:25:31AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> > These are a real thorn in our sides. Another issue is the nvidia code
> > obfuscation bug, which we can fix when we get nouveau in to the archive.
> > I'd love to have a dedicated maintainer for nouveau[0], but right now
> > it's looking like I need to buy myself an nvidia card. Either way, that
> > etch-ignore bug will be fixable for lenny thanks to the upstream work.
> >
> >  - David Nusinow
> >
> > [0] Anyone who's interested, *please* write us at debian-x. We'd love to
> > help you get going on this.
>
> I may be able to help here.  At work, we've got ~300 Debian
> workstations, almost all of which use either ATI or nvidia graphics
> hardware, so I've got extensive hardware resources at my disposal.
>
> I'm not currently up to speed the state of neuveau development, so I
> can't jump right in and get to work, but I should be able to get
> involved reasonably quickly.
>
> Have there been any attempts thus far at packaging neuveau?  Where are
> they?

	I was going to reply to David's mail as well, but you were faster. :-)

	I was wondering some days ago if that could be possible.  The thing that I
wanted to do now, given there is no official release from nouveau was to
create snapshots from Mesa/freedesktop/drm-kernel-module until stability
arrive to the branch.  I have some drafts in my home computer trying to take
shape in packages.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--