installing libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev wants to remove x and mesa

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev so I can get GL/GLwDrawA.h
for some code I need to compile, however this requires (according to
aptitude) removing pretty much all of X.

Is it possible to install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev without nuking X in the process?

This is what aptitude says:

root@darwin:~# aptitude -s install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
 libgl1-mesa-dri xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-gl-dev xorg
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
 lesstif2-dev libgl1-mesa-swx11
The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
 libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx
 lesstif2-dev libgl1-mesa-swx11 libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-glx
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 4967kB of archives. After unpacking 14.8MB will be used.
 xlibmesa-gl: Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but it is not installable
 xlibmesa-gl-dev: Depends: libgl1-mesa-dev but it is not installable
 libgl1-mesa-dri: Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx (= 6.5.1-0.5) but it is
not installable
 xorg: Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but it is not installable
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
libgl1-mesa-dri
x-window-system-core
xlibmesa-dri
xlibmesa-gl
xlibmesa-gl-dev
xorg

Score is -1694

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Colm.