Re: installing libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev wants to remove x and mesa

El lunes, 5 de febrero de 2007 15:19, Colm Connolly escribió:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev so I can get GL/GLwDrawA.h
> for some code I need to compile, however this requires (according to
> aptitude) removing pretty much all of X.
>
> Is it possible to install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev without nuking X in the
> process?
[...]
> Score is -1694
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

	I am not having this problem:

ender@polgara:~$ sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  libgl1-mesa-swx11
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgl1-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dri libgl1-mesa-glx
  libgl1-mesa-swx11 libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 3 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 4101kB of archives.
After unpacking 21.3MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

	Do you have apt pinning configured?

	Hey, one second...you have been playing with your X.Org packages:

[...]
The following packages are BROKEN:
  libgl1-mesa-dri xlibmesa-gl xlibmesa-gl-dev xorg
[...]

	Run first dpkg --pending --configure or equivalent form in aptitude, then
install the package.

	Oh, or you can simply remove xlibmesa-gl, xlibmesa-gl-dev, xlibmesa-glu and
xlibmesa-glu-dev, and try again aptitude.  In the description you can find:

xlibmesa-gl  <none>      7.1.0-11    transitional package for Debian etch

	I think that those are dummy packages since almost a year ago.

	There is no problem with libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev, the problem comes when
aptitude tries to sort up the package mess.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Mr. Anderson! Welcome back, we missed you.
		-- Agent Smith (Matrix Revolutions).