upgrade from woody to etch, change from xfree to xorg packages

Dear X Strike Force,

I have just dist-upgraded 2 PC from woody to etch and ran in following
problems:

1.) Take care about first removing xserver-common package from xserver-xfree
before installing xserver-xorg. apt complains about already exisitng files.

2.) remove xlibsdata package from xfree before installing xserver-xorg. apt
complains about already exisitng files.

--> my proposal: since woody depends on xfree, prior to install xorg (etch)
all xfree packages have to be removed.

3.) Genaral hint: I had problems with the packages debsigs and debsig-verify
during dist-upgrade. If the upgrade stops complaining that verifying of the
new packages is not possible, then purge these both packages or you will run
into very hard manual work.

Cheers and thanx in advance!

W. Schnitker