Re: Feature Freeze

* David Nusinow wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:23:58AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > * Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > compiz could always be built without metacity theme support, couldn't
> > > it?
> >
> > It probably can. While it's certainly not the optimal solution, I guess it's
> > a good compromise for etch.
>
> Is the diff between what we have and 0.2 that big? Could we just backport
> the interesting fixes that don't break this instead?

I was planning to try and make 0.2 work with the metacity currently in
unstable, but I have no idea how difficult it is going to be.

As for backporting the fixes and releasing something pre-0.2 is not worth the
trouble in my opinion. I will also try and build an experimental version
against metacity 2.16 and see how much of a difference the theming support
really makes.

 - Thierry