Universal Xorg configuration

Hello,

This is my first mail to this list and i'm asking this because i didn't found anything like it on the archives.

My question is, why doesn't Debian Etch come with a "Universal Xorg Conf"? Something that is supposed to work on almost all computers. Example:

Option "AllowMouseOpenFail" "true"

And them a list of many mouse types (ps/2, USB, serial) already enabled and configured.

I'm asking this because i have a board about Debian and lots of people who go there to get support are having problems with X, especially with mouse and Monitor refresh rates (this one i didn't found a suitable solution).

Sorry about my English (not my native language).

Fernando.