Re: Source package naming

(Please continue to CC me)

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 00:12 +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 08:45:21PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > Is there a particular reason for this? I've tried searching the debian-x
> > archives but I can't see it.
>
> Purely historical reasons: the binary package is named
> xserver-xorg-video-foo to have a clear lineage from xserver-xorg.

OK, thanks for the info.

David Nusinow wrote, in a message he forgot to CC me on ;-)
> > I have xf86-video-ivtvdev_0.10.6.orig.tar.gz and I'm wondering if I
> > should repack/rename it before upload (well, before searching for a
> > sponsor ;-)).
>
> Don't bother repacking it. Just rename it. I can sponsor the driver if
> you're interested. If you want to bring the package under the
> maintainership of the XSF with you as the primary uploader[1], you're more
> than welcome to do so. Just let us know.

I'm currently maintaining the kernel side of things under pkg-mythtv on
Alioth but I think for this package it makes more sense to integrate it
with the XSF than pkg-mythtv so I'll take you up on that kind offer.

My username on alioth is ijc-guest, do you need anything else from me?
ssh key perhaps?

Thanks,
Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

Most public domain software is free, at least at first glance.