Source package naming

Hi,

Please CC me -- I am not subscribed.

I am in the process of packaging the X driver for the IVTV cards[0] and
I'm wondering about the correct source package name. It seems that the
upstream source is named xf86-video-FOO[1] and that is repacked for
Debian as xserver-xorg-video-FOO[2].

Is there a particular reason for this? I've tried searching the debian-x
archives but I can't see it.

I have xf86-video-ivtvdev_0.10.6.orig.tar.gz and I'm wondering if I
should repack/rename it before upload (well, before searching for a
sponsor ;-)).

In any case the binary package will be xserver-xorg-video-ivtv as you
would expect.

Thanks for your advice,
Ian.

[0] http://www.ivtvdriver.org. the kernel side is already in Debian in
the ivtv package http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/ivtv.html
[1] http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.1/src/everything/
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xserver-xorg-video-i810.html
--
Ian Campbell

He asked me if I knew what time it was -- I said yes, but not right now.
		-- Steven Wright