Re: svn management, git, etc

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:12:42AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> I think I'm becoming a relatively experienced git user, but I
> have very little experience with administration of a shared repository.
> We'd probably need an actual guru like Keith Packard for that, at least
> initially until we've accumulated the necessary know how.

It's pretty easy, you've just got to make sure sharedRepository is set
to 'true' in the core section of .git/config.  You can then push this
somewhere to be served by gitserve, or you can make sure
git update-server-info is run on every commit (maybe in the hook) if
the shared repository is exported via HTTP.

(Although I might be wrong, and this time anholt isn't around to correct
 me.)

Cheers,
Daniel