Re: svn management, git, etc

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 07:26:46AM -0500, Christian Perrier wrote:
> /me dances happily when learning that I will have to learn Yet Another
> Source Control Management System if I want to continue maintaining the
> debconf l10n.
>
> Sure, this is a very minor aspect of the development of X packages,
> but if my vote has some importance, it would definitely go for "stick
> with SVN".

FWIW, my vote (now from a purely upstream perspective) is to go with
git, despite my public reservations about git at the time we moved.

If the eventual goal is to get all the patches merged upstream -- and I
really hope it is -- then tracking git makes this infinitely easier, and
infinitely more appealing from both sides to do so.

(But maybe I'm missing something, because I never saw the point of the
 vendor branches.)

Cheers,
Daniel