Re: 7.1 protos up-to-date in experimental - ready for unstable?

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:37:20PM +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:
> All existing x11proto packages are up to date for X11R7.1, either in
> unstable or in experimental.  x11proto-core is ahead of schedule, at
> latest v7.0.7 rather than 7.1's v7.0.5.
>
> Debian does not contain a x11proto package for  xf86rushproto,
> applewmproto, or  windowswmproto, the latter for obvious reasons.  I
> gather we don't need xf86rushproto?
>
> If we're happy to live without xf86rushproto, then can we now bring the
> outstanding experimental proto packages across to unstable?  This is the
> necessary precursor required before we can bring experimental 7.1 libs
> to unstable, which in turn are needed before we can update xserver.

I'd much rather have the libs and preferrably the server and drivers ready
in experimental first. Especially since those will be the first serious
test of the protocol headers. Not that I'm worried about the headers, but I
don't see a big gain in moving the protocol headers in ahead of the libs
right now. The key is to get the functional parts (libs, server, drivers)
working anyway, so pushing ahead with that is more important.

 - David Nusinow