Re: Mesa 6.5 Development Release

Michel DÃnzer wrote:
> > Maybe 6.5 could temporarily stop providing the mesa-swrast-source package
> > (hell, the latter could come from its own package)
>
> FWIW, that might be a good idea until the Mesa and xserver builds have
> been completely decoupled. Then again, is anything else using
> mesa-swrast-source at all? If not, the files could just be included in
> the xserver tarball?

The Xprint server has OpenGL support which is switched by identifying
the mesa source.  I'm not entirely certain what it's for, I presume
it's for grabbing a snapshot of the current GL image in a window, for
sending to a printer.

Xprint is build from the same xserver code (it's another alternative
Xserver alongside Xorg, Xnext, Xdmx etc). At some point in the future,
once its freetype support has stabilised, I'd expect it to be
assimilated back into the xserver-xorg source package, so then there'd
be just the one source tarball that wants to use mesa source.

Drew