xterm-212

Hi,

I've been meaning to lend a hand to the XSF for quite some time now and after
some discussion with David Nusinow on IRC I decided to go ahead and attempt
to package xterm 212. The results can be found here[0]. The packaging is the
same as for xterm-210 and I've only added a couple of patches to fix some
lintian and linda warnings. The package is not completely linda clean,
though:

    $ linda xterm_212-1_i386.changes
    W: xterm; Long descriptions contains short description.

        This one can probably be ignored. I think the descriptions are just
        fine.

    Check MenuCheck failed. Exception IndexError thrown (list index out of range).

        I have no idea what exactly this means. I will have to investigate
        further.

    W: xterm; File /usr/bin/xterm has incorrect file permissions of 2755.

        This can likely be fixed with a linda override; I will get to that
        right away.

    W: xterm; A binary links against a library it does not use symbols from

        Another point I will have to investigate further. I've tried a
        variation of linda flags but it wouldn't give me anything more
        specific than a more elaborate explanation. I was hoping it would
        show exactly which library it means.

In a next step I plan to take a closer look at some of the bugs filed against
xterm and maybe do some cleaning up of the BTS.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Thierry

[0]: http://dotsec.net/~beatle/debian/xterm