Re: with every small update comes a new problem...

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 13:15 +0200, Matthias Heinz wrote:

> Please, if you change something like "Device" to "Phys", don't change it back.
> (or is there something like a global news-mailinglist i could subscribe to,
> where those small changes get posted? I looked around but couldn't find
> something similar. It would be nice to be informed about such changes)

This list gets an automated notice of every change made to the SVN
repository.

Also, if you had the apt-listchanges package installed and set up to
display changelogs, you should have seen this:

xorg-x11 (6.9.0.dfsg.1-6) unstable; urgency=high

  * Disable new evdev driver patches to prevent FTBFS on mipsen.  Thanks
    Ryan Murray. (closes: #360540)

 -- David Nusinow <dnusinow@debian.org>  Mon,  3 Apr 2006 07:18:50 -0400

The idea of this change is to expedite the transition to testing of the
last packages built from the monolithic X tree in order to allow the
upload of packages built from the modular X trees to sid, where the new
evdev driver will be available as a package of its own.

I'm afraid some amount of vigilance is required for running sid or even
testing. Unless you like surprises, of course. :)