with every small update comes a new problem...

Hi there,

i know xorg is a big program and not easy to handle and you're all doing your
best to update it.

But with every minor version i get some new problems. Often because i'm using
evdev for my mouse to get all buttons working

just a small list:
- numbers of Buttons for my mouse is changing. Sometimes 20, then 32, then 16,
after the next update again 32...
- then buttons are somtimes permuted. (today it's 1 for the left button, 2 for
the right button and 3 for the middle mouse button. So 2 and 3 have to be
swapped with xmodmap.)
- or the next thing was: After an update X couldn't find my mouse device. I
wrote a bug report and was told that Option "Device" isn't used anymore and i
should use "Phys" instead. I did and it worked (with some minor things... if
you rename your event device with udev Xorg can't find the device and wont
start). Today Xorg didn't startup - again - and i found out that "Phys" isn't
used anymore and i had to specify a device.

Please, if you change something like "Device" to "Phys", don't change it back.
(or is there something like a global news-mailinglist i could subscribe to,
where those small changes get posted? I looked around but couldn't find
something similar. It would be nice to be informed about such changes)

Have a nice day,
Matthias

PS: I'm not on the list and wont get your answers if you don't CC me.