Re: My Plan For Uploading Modular To Unstable

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 11:42:39PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:59:45PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> >    So we're finally at the end of a very long line. At the end of this week
> > I'm going to upload the whole of 7.0 to unstable. I've gotten the green
> > light from the release team to do this, so I'm just going to go for it and
> > we'll iron out whatever major bugs are blocking us from actually releasing
> > this with etch. Here's the plan:
> >
> >  1) Wait for the latest upload of 6.9 to propagate to testing. Since this
> >     is a high urgency security upload it shouldn't take too long.
>
> AFAICT it won't happen because xorg-x11 FTBFS on mips/mipsel:

Ugh, thanks for letting me know. Now comes the fun decision: re-upload a
fixed monolith (probably with the evdev patch just removed for this round)
and let it propagate or just go straight for modular? I'm honestly leaning
towards the latter because I sick of delaying it. We need to get these
packages in so we can squash some important bugs for the etch release.

 - David Nusinow