My Plan For Uploading Modular To Unstable

Hi everyone,

   So we're finally at the end of a very long line. At the end of this week
I'm going to upload the whole of 7.0 to unstable. I've gotten the green
light from the release team to do this, so I'm just going to go for it and
we'll iron out whatever major bugs are blocking us from actually releasing
this with etch. Here's the plan:

 1) Wait for the latest upload of 6.9 to propagate to testing. Since this
    is a high urgency security upload it shouldn't take too long.

 2) In the meantime I'm going to begin building packages to be uploaded to
    unstable. I'll tag the new versions as being for unstable in svn as I
    build them. As I build the packages, I'll be uploading them to my
    directory on people.debian.org. I won't be putting them in a
    web-accessible directory though, since this is just a staging area.

 3) Once I have a complete collection of packages ready to upload from
    gluck, I'll sign and upload the .changes and .dsc files to the same
    location.

 4) I'll do one last check with the release team before uploading.

 5) Upload from gluck with its blazing fast bandwidth

Fixes can keep rolling in during this time. I have no problem replacing
something I've put in my directory on gluck with a new version containing a
bugfix. I actually want to encourage this, since I'd like these packages to
be in as good a shape as possible before they hit unstable.

I'd love to hear comments on bugs I've forgotten and on the details for
this plan. The end of this very long road is in sight, and we can begin
working on less massive changes again. I know I'm looking forward to it :-)

 - David Nusinow