Re: My Plan For Uploading Modular To Unstable

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:45:18PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 22:59:45 +0000, David Nusinow wrote:
>
> > I'd love to hear comments on bugs I've forgotten and on the details for
> > this plan. The end of this very long road is in sight, and we can begin
> > working on less massive changes again. I know I'm looking forward to it :-)
> >
> Hi David,
>
> do you plan to upload the xorg package in its current state?
> It will currently ftbfs on everything except amd64, hppa, i386, ia64,
> powerpc and sparc (the list of video drivers needs to be added to
> debian/scripts/vars.$arch for the other architectures).
> This means that other packages are not buildable in the meantime,
> because x11-common is now arch:any.

Ick. Ok... I'm willing to cause ftbfs anyway. To be honest, we're not
getting returns on these files from just having them sit in experimental,
and uploading to unstable will get the attention needed to fix the bugs.
Besides, doing an upload of the xorg source package is completely trivial
due to its size and lack of compilation. We can make these fixes very fast
once it hits experimental.

 - David Nusinow