Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r1051 - tags

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:12:57PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 03:44 +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:26:08PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > > I agree that a Mesa upload is overdue (anybody heard anything from
> > > Marcelo?), but I still don't like the package naming as currently in
> > > xorg SVN. I think something like libgl1-mesa-(sw)x11 would be more
> > > accurate than libgl1-mesa-swrast, but I absolutely don't see the point
> > > of going through the pain of renaming libgl1-mesa-dri to libgl1-mesa, as
> > > the former is more accurate.
> >
> > +1 on moving libgl1-mesa-swrast to libgl1-mesa-swx11.
>
> Cool, and thanks to David who already changed it.

My pleasure.

> > As for -dri and -mesa, the only reason why that happened is because I
> > already had libgl1-mesa for the library and libgl1-mesa-dri for the
> > modules in my tree before Marcelo did 6.4.x.  To be honest, I don't
> > care either way.
>
> I see. Keeping the DRI drivers in their own package would probably be
> nice, how about libgl1-mesa-glx for libGL and libgl1-mesa-dri for the
> drivers?

For what it's worth, I like this and I can make the change quickly[0] if
Daniel likes it too.

 - David Nusinow

[0] Although maybe not too quickly. The GPLv3 festivities are still in full
swing around here and I've been spending some time with our SVN repo
maintainer :-)