Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r956 - in branches/modular/driver/xf86-video-ati: . debian

El martes, 20 de diciembre de 2005 18:57, Michel Dänzer escribió:
> > 	Then we will start to receive bug reports by users without the right
> > driver, isn't it? Probably a massive drivers-all metapackage will be a
> > mid-term solution...
>
> Why only mid-term? Something like xserver-xorg depending on
> xorg-video-drivers | xorg-video-driver (with every video driver package
> providing xorg-video-driver and xorg-video-drivers being the metapackage
> depending on all of them) seems like a pretty good solution to me. The
> same principle should work with the other classes of drivers as well.

	You are right, it seems a great solution; even simpler, xserver-xorg should
depend on xorg-video-driver (and xorg-video-drivers-all providing
xorg-video-driver in order to be show up as an alternative to the individual
drivers).

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
And need I remind you that I am naked in the snow...? I
 can't feel any of my extremities, and I mean *any* of them...