Re: [decision] new patch management system in xorg-x11

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 22:54 -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> david_nusinow@verizon.net (David Nusinow) writes:
>
> > The modularization effort seems to be progressing,
> > but if we can move to quilt rapidly then we'll be all the better for it,
> > since that experience can be applied to the modular tree packaging when
> > it's ready.
>
> Why not move directly to packaging the modular tree?  Time spent working on
> putting a monolithic x.org build in Debian seems like wasted time to me.

I'd like to see this happen, and I can say that the help would be
welcome.  I think the process is well enough documented to permit many
hands to assist at this point.

Having Debian be first, instead of last, to adopt a new release would be
a novel experience...

-keith