Re: X.org Packaging Roadmap

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:52:41PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>     david> So are you saying you want to import each file
>     david> individually? We could do that, where when you import a
>     david> file, you basically say "I've checked over this file and
>     david> it's Ok to go in". The only problem is that in my last pull
>     david> of ubuntu's X.org package sources, there are ~638 changelog
>     david> lines devoted to fixes. That's a lot of changes to review,
>     david> and since few people have stepped up to volunteer to review
>     david> them, it could take a very long time.
>
>     Yes. I know is a lot of work but it need to be done by us.

Ok, I'm willing to do this for the X server once I get svn access. This
includes both the xserver-xfree86 and xserver-common package contents. We
need people to volunteer to check over and commit the following:

- xlibs (I'm way too lazy to list them all, but a few new ones have popped
  up in X.org)
- xapps
  - xterm
  - xdm