Re: X.org Packaging Roadmap

>>>>> "david" == David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> writes:

    david> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 08:10:42PM -0300, Otavio Salvador
    david> wrote:
    >> Since we'll review all changes made by Ubuntu makes more sense
    >> to me do it while import it from his repository. This make
    >> simple for us and for users use a know base to work.

    david> So are you saying you want to import each file
    david> individually? We could do that, where when you import a
    david> file, you basically say "I've checked over this file and
    david> it's Ok to go in". The only problem is that in my last pull
    david> of ubuntu's X.org package sources, there are ~638 changelog
    david> lines devoted to fixes. That's a lot of changes to review,
    david> and since few people have stepped up to volunteer to review
    david> them, it could take a very long time.

    Yes. I know is a lot of work but it need to be done by us.

    >> Other issue could be have it uploaded to experimental without
    >> review all include changes. I don't think this is right. IMHO,
    >> we shouldn't upload a package without have sure what fixes are
    >> included and why.

    david> This is a good point.

    Yes and that's the reason why we need to review the fixes.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116