Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r653 - trunk/debian

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 06:20:01PM +0200, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> El martes, 4 de octubre de 2005 18:03, David Nusinow escribió:
> > > 	I suppose that we are holding new xterm till 6.9, aren't we?
> >
> > Yes. At this point I really just want to finish up 6.8 and be done with it.
> > Fortunately, we're *really* close to that now. 6.9 will require a bit of
> > grunt work to get it building on all arches, but since upstream already
> > made the decision to split out xterm for the modular tree I think it's best
> > to simply stay close to them and follow their lead.
>
> 	Great. Then I am going to write to debian-devel-announce and upload xterm
> 204-0pre1 to experimental in order to have it polished by the release of 6.9.

I'm going to send out one big mail to -devel-announce some point in the
near future. Let's wait for that. The mail will mainly be targeted at
getting people to move their build-deps away from xlibs-dev. The reason I
haven't sent it out yet is that our RM asked me to wait until the various
transitions have calmed down. We can include information about xterm in
that mail, for those who aren't following -devel-announce.

> 	BTW, I am reading Branching and Merging chapter (as you recommended) in order
> to help with 6.9 :-)

Glad to hear it! It'll be nice to have other people actively working on it.

 - David Nusinow